I ordered tortilla warmers, ...
with the chili pepper design,
to hand out at our family
reunion and was so pleased
at the work that La Tortilla
Oven did. Not only do I use
it often, but all the other family members rave at how great
the tortilla warmer is--pop the
tortillas in the warmer,
microwave, then enjoy.
E. Copeland, Tempe, AZ
The Tortilla Industry - Interesting Facts...
Flour tortillas are a low-fat food and contain iron along with other B vitamins. They have about 115 calories with 2 to 3 grams of fat per serving.
Corn tortillas are low-fat, low sodium food and contain calcium, potassium and fiber. An average serving contains about 60 calories with 1 gram of fat. Corn tortillas do not contain gluten, making them a great alternative to bread for those who are gluten intolerant.
|**Source USDA Handbook 8. Based on the average- sized serving; serving sizes may vary depending on brand.|
- The tortilla industry is the fastest growing sector in the U.S. baking industry.
- In 2004, tortilla sales in the U.S. reached the $6.1 billion mark and are expected to to continue to grow at 10% per year.
- • 62% of the food industry; both commercial and non-commercial businesses reported using tortilla products in their operations.
- More than 1,000 companies in the U.S. are devoted to making tortillas.
- Today’s tortillas are manufactured under the strict quality guidelines to preserve the taste and texture of this historic food.
**This information is from the Tortilla Industry Association (TIA)